TacomaDave December 9th, 2005
SECOND SEMINOLE WAR; Florida, Georgia 1836-1842
One officer of the 2d Dragoons was killed in action during the Second Seminole War, and five died from disease and climate. Twenty non-commissioned officers, musicians, and privates were killed in action, while one-hundred ninety-two died from disease.
- March 31 – Oloklikaha, on Withlacoochie River, Fla. Det. 2d Dragoons.
- June 9 – Micanopy, Fla., 3/4 mile east of. Co. D, 2d Dragoons.
- July 19 – Welika Pond, Fla. Det. Co. D, 2d Dragoons.
- August 21 – Fort Drane, Fla., 10 miles from Micanopy. Det. Co. D, 2d Dragoons.
- February 8 – Attack of Camp Monroe, Fla., (head of Monroe Lake, St. John’s River). Co’s E, G, and H, 2d Dragoons.
- September 10 – Mosquito Inlet, near St. Augustine, Fla. Det. Co s E, F, and H, 2d Dragoons.
- January 24 – Indian Crossing of Lochahatchie, Fla. Co’s A, B, D, E, G, I, K, 2d Dragoons.
- June 17 – Kanapaha Prairie, Fla. Det. Co’s C, F, 2d Dragoons.
- August 16 – Near Fort Norton, Ga. Det. Co. F, 2d Dragoons.